For this Adventure of mine I’ll be riding a KTM 1190 Adventure.
If you know about motorcycle and you are informed about the latest news, you know already that this is the ultimate machine for ALL TERRAINS.
This bike is by far the most technologically advanced piece of machinery I’ve ridden in my life and It has an incredible (almost too much) power and torque.
Technically speaking, what KTM has done with this motorcycle is absolutely incredible.
1190cc with 150hp
4 driving modes –> Sport (full 150hp with high response)
–> Street (full 150hp with normal response); this is the default mode
–> Rain (100hp with progressive response)
–> OffRoad (100hp with normal response)
– MSC C-ABS with suspension control by Bosh 9ME modulator, with 2 modes: ROAD (default) and OFFROAD. Please look at YouTube videos to see what it does.
– MTC (Traction Control) once the back wheel spins twice as fast as the front one, the MTC kicks in
– EDS (electronic dumping system) with 3 riding modes: Sport, Street and Comfort
– Electronic Tyre pressure monitor system
– Ride by Wire Throttle (No wires for Throttle control)
– 23 litres tank (on highway, fully packed with panniers on, does 20 km/l)
– Brembo Brakes with 4 pistons front and 2 rear, with double disk on front wheel
– WP suspensions front and rear
– 212kg weight without fuel
– 19″ rims front and 17″ at the back
This bike has an incredible manoeuvrability and it comes with Continental Tyres that are surprisingly good on both dry and wet surfaces (with and without luggage load).
Off road it peaks and it shows its incredible versatility and nature, that is typical of KTM.
WP suspensions are terrific and the fact I can control riding modes and dumping electronically, makes the overall riding experience even better.
This bike was meant for long rides and its comfort is absolutely outstanding on both straight and windy roads.
Service intervals are every 15000 Km, that is impressive for ANY engine but that I’ve kept regular at 7000km for precaution.
These are the reasons why I chose her upon all the other “women”.
It took me a while to choose her, but at the end she entered my life and I hope she s going to stay for a long time.